Monday, January 24, 2011

Day Eight- A Stranger

Today I saw a homeless man holding a sign that said "Why do I deserve this?" followed by a cross... on the bottom it said "God won't give anyone more than they can handle."
When I tried to give him money, he refused and said that he was just doing the Lords work.
He then asked me if I would pray with him. I did.
I prayed for this stranger, that he would be able to call somewhere home someday. I prayed for his well-being and his health. After we finished praying, he said his work was done for the day. He thanked me and walked away without a glance back.
I'll never forget this stranger.
He taught me that you can't stereotype everyone and also that some people, who may be less fortunate in many ways, have a lot to give and a lot more hope than most of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment