Friday, November 26, 2010

Day Three- Parents





This one is hard for me. To be honest, I consider my stepmother my mom. She is the only one who has every played a maternal role in my life, other than my grandmothers.

I love my true mother so much, but she breaks my heart every time I see her. My mom has problems. For the longest time, I didn't want to believe what everyone around me told me. As I grew up, I learned the truth on my own. My little sister will begin to notice soon enough. One of the most important things she has taught me is not to become what she has become. It just hurts me sometimes to know that I didn't have an normal, loving mother. Or for that matter, a normal childhood, like most children have. I've learn to let go because of her. Only she can make the change, and even though the time has passed for her to make it for my sake... she still has time to do it for my little sister.

I used to adore my father. I couldn't wait to spend my weekends with him. But as I got older, we drifted apart. I assume it's because I am his first child and he didn't know how to deal with a rebellious teenage daughter. Whatever the reason, our relationship now is stiff. He is worried about me, always so worried. But it's the little things that he does that shows me he cares. His own little things. I know my dad loves me. He has cared about me my whole life. I just hope that someday I can make him proud.

My stepmom and I have a rocky relationship. But I think that's the way mother/daughter relationships are... I can't be sure though considering that until I met her.. I never knew. She makes me feel loved and safe. Whenever I need a hug or need to cry or need to vent, I go to her.

So there... I know it's not the most inspirational or most uplifting story about parents. But I spoke the truth, at least the truth that is in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment